Lapse of Accreditation
If an institution decides not to renew its accreditation, the DETC Accrediting Commission will, in accordance with DETC’s D.3. Notification and Information Sharing, within 30 days of the date on which an institution’s accreditation lapses provide written notice to the U.S. Secretary of Education, the appropriate state licensing or authorizing agencies and accrediting agencies and, upon request, the public.
Below is a list of institutions that have allowed their DETC accreditation to lapse, along with the effective date.
The following institution's accreditation lapsed as of June 30, 2013:
- University of Atlanta, Atlanta, GA
The following institutions’ accreditation lapsed as of March 31, 2013:
- Humanities and Sciences Academy of the United States, Tempe, AZ
- Humanities and Sciences Academy Arizona, Tempe, AZ
- International Commerce Secondary Schools, Tempe, AZ
- Deakin University, Geelong, VC, Australia
The following institutions’ accreditation lapsed as of December 31, 2012:
- Western Governors University in Salt Lake City, UT
- Rhodec International in Quincy, MA and Brighton, England
If you have any comments concerning these institutions,
please contact the Director of Accreditation, Nan Bayster Ridgeway at email@example.com or 202-234-5100 Ext. 103.
back to top